The Lehenga Choli has been a big trend in the Indian fashion industry. It is a traditional Indian outfit that is worn to nearly any event. A Lehenga Choli is also known as the Ghagra Choli. The Lehenga Choli is usually worn for festivals, and several modern women opt for ornate styles as their bridal garments. So, today, we bought to you an easy guide on How to wear Lehenga Choli.
For, those who aren’t familiar with Lehenga Choli, it an Indian ethnic wear which features two pieces and they are “Skirt” and “Blouse.” To complete the Lehenga Choli, nearly all women pair it with a Dupatta, which resembles an oversized scarf. Lehenga Cholis are made out of silk, cotton, and at times polyester. As beautiful as it is, dressing in one may be difficult for first-timers.
How to Wear Lehenga Choli
If you don’t know how to wear Lehenga Choli or how to style it to beautify your overall look, then, this guide is for you.
- Fabrics may be transparent at times, so it is important that you wear undergarments and a tank top. Wearing breathable undergarments can keep you at ease throughout the day. Wear a bra and underwear that are the same color with your Lehenga Choli.
- Go for undergarments that fit your form and offer support.
- The choli (blouse) should be worn first. Sometimes, you may have to zip them up. Some cholis don’t have to be zipped up; they can be pinned together with hooks. The choli must be well-fitted and flattering to your curves.
- Slip on the Lehenga the way you would wear a skirt. If yours is not elastic and does not hold on to your waist, tie the drawstring comfortably so you won’t have any accidents.
- If you are wearing a Dupatta or Scarf, drape it around your neck or shoulders. You can also arrange it on one shoulder. Since Lehenga Choli is usually very expensive, knowing different styles for draping your Dupatta can help you change it into a new style and dress. Safety pins will be required depending on the style you go for. You may also need help from someone to help you drape the Dupatta accurately.
- You can also tie your Dupatta on your wrist. Throw the fabric behind your back, pleat the Dupatta on top of your right shoulder, and let the length of the Pallu (too much material on another side) to fall below your knees. Secure your Dupatta with a safety pin. This style is a modest, yet stylish style of draping the Dupatta. This style allows you to maintain a good posture as you will hold something in your hand throughout.
Wear accessories and sandals with your Lehenga Choli
A lot of women love wearing matching bangles and earrings with their lehenga choli. Opt for colors like silver, gold, black, or white to harmonize the colors on your outfit. If your dress features gold details, put on gold sandals and a fancy necklace to beautify your outfit. Your outfit is incomplete without the right accessories.
All you need is creativity to style the Lehenga Choli. Be creative and take your time in front of the mirror in order to come up with a style which finally suites your beauty. You may also check the video tutorial HERE.